Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Our First Blog

















All right so we are the worst at keeping up with my space and facebook! So, here is an all in one, that I hope I can keep up with. WOW, it is amazing how busy life gets. Well, let me begin apologizing for the lack of The Dow Family Christmas letter and or card. I ran out of time. I was going to try and get out a New Year'sLetter, and again I ran out of time. It seems that time is getting away on me. I guess I will begin our blog with our belated family update.


Kevin- I am not sure who he is lately. He is still working a lot of hours and seems to be gone alot. He is still loving surgery(and is very good at it). He has been working at the Kaiser Hospital for the last couple of months(which is a pain, it's aleast an hour drive one way). The good news is that he only has this drive for a total of 8months(yeah). He is half way through his second year, and half way through the program. We have started looked for our next move. I think I just finished unpacking.... We are considering The Tri-cites, and Spokane which are both in Washington(yeah) I am hoping for Spokane! We think Spokane would be a great fit for our family and still let us being close to my family and a lot closer to Kevin's family.




Tyten- What a good boy.... He started 1st grade this year. I can't believe that he will be seven this month. He is playing hockey again this year and is amazing. We think he is naturally a defender (like Dad) he skates backwards better then all the other kids. He got to try goalie at the Portland Winter Hawks game over the Christmas break. He had his first shutout, but he said he still wants to be a forward, "I like to score goals, MOM". He is just about reading on his own, and enjoys reading Transformers. He is such a big help at home with his sister. He loves to help in the kitchen.




Kyah- That girl keeps us on our toes. She has such a strong personality. She is still all girl, loves pink, has to wear dresses everyday, loves barbies, ponies, and cheerleaders which she calls "cheaters". She started preschool this summer with the most amazing preschool teacher who happens to be really good friend that we found here in Scappoose. She owns the daycare that the girls attend and is just a second MOM to the girls( they love going to school). Kyah knows her ABC, and more songs that I do! She has lots of friends, and want to be at school rather that being at home with me.(which makes me a little sad).




Our Azlynn- I don't know how we got so lucky. She is the most amazing peaceful little angel. She crawled out of her crib at 19months and went into a toddler bed (I cried when we packed away the crib that we have had out for almost 7 years). She loves school too, she has a great time playing with all her little friends. She is full on talking, screaming, and potty training herself (WOW). She wants to be a big girl so bad. She has the cutest little curly dark hair. Her and Kyah are so different ( I love it). She is all girl with her sister and mom, putting makeup on, to brushing hair, and wearing dresses. But, when Tyten and Dad get out the football, she is right there in it. She is our little jock. We love watching her take some of her brother and sister's attributes.




Then their is me, Nicki- I lost my mind last spring and decided to go back to school to work on my nursing degree. I am working on my Anatomy and Chemistry series (which is a full load). I am enjoying school, but it's a crazy life we have. I seem to study a lot at night, and on the weekends which makes our Hockey weekend's even crazier. I am going 3/4 time, and am hoping that I might get into a nursing program sometime next year. I have met some great friends here in our little town. We have really make a great connection here, and I am sad to think that we are going to moving again soon. But, I am very excited to be closer to a Hockey arena, and closer to Kevin's family.


Well, I hope this helps you get a little caught up on our live's, I know I left a lot out. However, I can add to our blog and keep up to date with everyone. Make sure and check our blog often, I am planning on updating it weekly. Love all of you, and miss all of you, The Dow's




PS- Cassie and Lindsey that's for the examples of how great blogs can be!

3 comments:

The Larsons said...

Nicki! So fun to see your blog! It is such a fun way to stay up-to-date. Your kiddos are getting WAY too big! Azlynn is darling! So big! Gunner is still in a crib at 2. :) No potting training for him yet either. Congrats on taking on school! You are amazing! You'll be a great nurse, that's for sure! So excited to hear you may move to Spokane. We love it there. We will most likely end up in Coeur d'Alene taking over my Dad's practice, since both my brothers specialized...so we will only be about a half hour away from you guys. Can't wait to keep reading your blog!

The Bentley's said...

hey nicki!! so fun!! what a fun update... i couldn't keep up with face book either. it sounds like your doing so well that is so exciteing... and spokane seems like a great fit. my brother and his wife live there right now, and you probably know cassies family lives there so you lots of hook ups:) ty seems like such a great sports fanatic and kyah:)))))) i feel your pain, i now have TWO CRAZY BUSy keep us on our toes kids:) but i'm glad azlynn is an angel you deserve it!! way to go on going back to nursing school that is amazing! i can't even imagine you must be crazy busy!!! if you don't mind i would love to add you to our friends list on our blog! it's been a fun way to keep in touch with people i probably wouldn't have otherwise!! good luck!
linds

The Baileys said...

Love you guys!!